Dear Chinook Fund community,
As coronavirus (COVID-19) becomes a growing public health crisis, we are committed to centering the health and well being of grantees, Giving Project members, staff, board members, and other community members. We are grounding our action in our core values of community and interdependence. It is time to responsibly adapt the way we conduct our work, events, and meetings. To do our part to stem the spread of this virus and to promote health and safety, Chinook Fund is enacting the following guidelines:
- As tenants of the Posner Center, we have adopted the CDC’s Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers plan. The building is now closed to the general public and will be keycard access only until further notice.
- Beginning today, all Chinook Fund business will be conducted remotely until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and anticipate this shift through at least April 30th.
- Staff will work remotely.
- Employees who are sick (e.g., respiratory illness symptoms and/or fever) or living with sick individuals are required to stay home and may work remotely as needed. Refer to CDC guidance for specifics.
- All board, committee, and GP alumni meetings will be held remotely.
For the Spring 2020 grant cycle and Giving Project sessions, we are enacting these guidelines:
- Upcoming Giving Project cohort and informational sessions will be held virtually.
- Spring 2020 grant applicant site visits will be conducted via phone or Zoom. If you are a current applicant and receive a site visit request, you will be contacted by a Giving Project member to confirm the best way to connect and to share Zoom resources as needed.
- Meet the Changemakers public event, to be held April 21st, will be converted to a virtual gathering. Stay tuned for details on how to join. We are working on the logistics to move forward with Spanish interpretation for those requesting it.
We know well that frontline communities, including the grassroots groups we fund, will be disproportionately impacted by this pandemic. In this spirit, we encourage you to directly support them at this time. Click here for the list of current grantees. We are all in this together.
- Coronavirus: Wisdom from a Social Justice Lens Healing Justice Podcast
Unlike much of what we’re seeing in the media and public discussion, the virtual gathering — organized in a week’s time — centered the wisdom and life experiences of people who live with chronic illnesses and disability.
- Statement from National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- adrienne maree brown: Additional Resources for Facing Coronavirus/Covid19
For community responses and resources from our friends at the New Economy Coalition please see:
- Call for a Just Recovery Response to COVID-19 that Centers the Most Vulnerable (via Climate Justice Alliance)
- Preparing your Business for COVID-19 (via NEC member organization the US Federation of Worker Cooperatives)
- Corona Virus Resources for Artists and Principles for Ethical Cancellation (via NEC member organization Springboard for the Arts)
- Demands from Grassroots Organizers Concerning COVID-19 (via Transforming Spaces)