Location: Aurora, CO
Mission: The Resident Leadership Council (RLC) is a group of community leaders dedicated to improving the quality of life of residents in Aurora and the surrounding neighborhoods by promoting equitable access to education, health, and economic opportunities. We build relationships by empowering local leaders, advocating to preserve the diversity of the community and using its values to improve the quality of life for our families and neighbors.
Our overall goals are to:
– Continue leadership development of longtime residents of Aurora, especially immigrants, refugees and communities of color
– Build a coalition through Resident Leadership Council members and their networks and through other community collaborators
– Foster increased communication and collaboration between families, individual schools and Aurora Public Schools, law enforcement and the City of Aurora
– Improve educational opportunities and overall academic achievement in North Aurora public schools
– Address social determinants of health by increasing economic opportunities and combating harmful gentrification